When He gives quietness, who then can cause trouble? Job 34:29

      "The Lord is for me. What can man do to me? (Psalm 118:6) Nothing. Nothing that really matters. Nothing that can do any harm. Nothing that will not be turned to golden good.

      Sometimes we feel as though man could do a great deal. A perverse child can cloud the whole day. The sight of deadly sin, injustice and suffering can overwhelm us. And deeper things, the inward assaults of the never-resting foe (though he is not man but stronger than man) can seem to do appalling things.

      But still the word stands, the question that can have only one answer. The Lord is for me. What can man do to me? Nothing.


      And to another question there is only one answer. When He gives quietness, who then can make trouble? No one. However things seem, the answers to those two questions are among the things that cannot be shaken."
                                     -Amy Carmichael

      Lord God I thank for these words of wisdom and encouragement today. And Lord I ask and plead that you help me to believe in them. "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."
(Galatians 1:10) Lord direct my heart, mind, and path to you and help me push through the distractions of the people around me, both for good and for evil. Help me trust and lean on your grace to overcome and strengthen me through this road of difficulty.

   "All pain, all ill, is a messenger from Satan, and yet the thorn was a gift. The Spirit takes care to let us know that it was Satan`s hand, not the Father`s, that hurt Job. And yet that cruel hand was turned into a crucible, and the fire refined the gold. The power of darkness crucified the Lord of glory. But Love won on Calvary."
        -Amy Carmichael

    Lord give me faith like Amy Carmichael. To trust and believe on your words, and pray for them to come to pass, with belief in my heart. Help me overcome my unbelief. (Mark 9:24) Be my one and only desire, my one and only focus.


"Arithmetic"

I've been staring at the sky tonight
Marvelling and passing time
Wondering what to do with daylight
Until I can make you mine
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been thinking of changing my mind
It never stays the same for long
But of all the things I know for sure
You're the only certain one
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

I've been counting up all my wrongs
One sorry for each star
See I'd apologize my way to you 
If the heavens stretched that far
You are the one I want, you are the one I want

[Chorus]
I won't find what I am looking for
If I only "see" by keeping score
'Cos I know now you are so much more than arithmetic

'Cos if I add, if I subtract
If I give it all, try to take some back
I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact
That you are the sum
So you are the one
I want

When the years are showing on my face
And my strongest days are gone
When my heart and flesh depart this place
From a life that sung your song

You'll still be the one I want 

You'll still be the one I want

You'll still be the one I want

You'll still be the one I want 

Comments

Popular Posts