You are Lord

We appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 
For he says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, 
and in a day of salvation I have helped you." 
Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 
We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger; by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything. 
(2 Corinthians 6:1-10 ESV)


Jesus do I believe these words? Am I taking your grace in vain? Do I believe that this is the day of salvation, that now is the favorable time? Am I willing to do what these followers did in suffering like Christ. Am I willing even then to call you Lord, to say you are holy, holy, holy.

In our hearts, Lord, in this nation
Awakening
Holy Spirit, we desire
Awakening

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me

In Your presence, in Your power
Awakening
For this moment, for this hour
Awakening

-Awakening Chris Tomlin

       On saturday night I was blessed to worship with the Ethiopian community at Virginia Tech. Reading the gospels and the words of Paul have burdened my heart for so many things that in my American Christianity are so quickly forgotten. Saturday night I sat with a few students and worshipped my heart out. They cried out, Praise YOU Jesus. Thank you for what you did. Thank you for who you are. They cried out, save this nation. Save the lost in Ethiopia, break down the walls of the orthodox church and let your Spirit flow through that nation. They literally wept and yelled for the glory of Jesus Christ to come to earth, both here and in their homeland. I pray like Paul said in 2 Corinthians 6 that I will never take the grace of God in vain, and waste it on myself. That I will not stop there. I pray I will learn to pray boldly and believe this is the time of salvation. Jesus change this depraved heart that has so often been led astray by the worries and cares of this world. May my cares and affections be all about heaven, all about the kingdom of YOU, and may those desires fill my life and overflow. You are all to me. God you are worthy of everything. You are worthy. You are my Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts