Thank you for suffering for me


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is 
made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
 of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, 
hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

-2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV


I will most gladly spend and be spent for your souls. 

-2 Corinthians 12:15 ESV


         Thank you Lord Jesus for letting me suffer. Thank you for teaching me what it means to suffer. Lord Jesus thank you for coming here, for giving your life, for suffering for me, so that I can learn how to live for you and love you. Thank you for what you have done in my life, for how you have radically and completely changed my heart. Thank you for redeeming me, thank you for restoring me. 

        I feel how you felt. I see the cost you counted, for my sake. I understand what it meant for you to beckon me to giving myself over to others. I understand why Paul exclaims that your power is made perfect in his weakness. I understand that through seeing that, he was pushed to boast in them, so you would be GLORIFIED. Jesus I am content with this life, I am content with the portion you have given unto me. I am content with the struggles and insults, hardships and calamities. And I give them all to you, so you can give them back to others. When I am weak, then I am strong. I will gladly spend and be spent for the souls of the lost all around me that you have given me the purpose and will to love and pray for. Jesus I will keep giving all. Jesus I am content. 

       I praise you, for you alone are Holy. You alone are worthy. 



Comments

Popular Posts