Understanding


Beautiful
Originally uploaded by Lrwilks
God understands. There are no ways and no places that he does not understand.
Have you ever thought what a tremendous difference it would make to our lives if this were not true? Imagine the feelings of a soldier if he had good reason to doubt that his commanding officer understood the situation. We are soldiers. Our Commander understands. His understanding is infinite (Psalm 147:5) Though war should rise against my, in this will I be confident (Psalm 27:3).
Because of His infinite understanding, God knows that we want to be sure that the One who says He understands has been through the mill Himself. And so we have this wonderful touch of His special understanding in Proverbs 8, where it is clear that the speaker is our Lord Jesus Christ Himself. I am Understanding. I am the Man of Sorrows acquainted with grief, I who was tempted in all points just as you are, I am Understanding.
It is restful to be understood, to be with one who never misjudges. Let us rest in His Presence.
-Amy Carmichael

Well first of all-amazing. I never knew Jesus was the speaker of Proverbs 8. It makes so much more sense. This little short except speaks to every outlet of my life. To my friendships, work, school, ministries. These truths speak to my everyday life. Resting, trusting, waiting. How beautiful is the word of God to supply us our every need, and more. And another beautiful addition to those truths is the words of Proverbs 8:25-27 "Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth, before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world. When he established the heavens, I was there."
First you have to know I am a mountains woman. I accepted Christ in front of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and ever since they have been a picture of remembrance of the faithful and sovereign God I serve. These verses left me dumbfounded. The mountains were created to make us stand in awe at who God is. the hills, the earth, its fields, THE HEAVENS-all of it-only a mere picture. A thrown together painting. But what they all point to-Christ. Christ was there before. Christ was the most beautiful of all. He was the most honored and praised, worthy of all glory. Every time I see the mountains, I am thankful for them, and their beauty, but no more than ever, I am thankful for Christ. And what he sacrificed for us....he is understanding. He understands.

Comments

Popular Posts