Zambian Progress Update


        If you`ve kept up with me in blog world you would remember in December when I announced that I would be doing a fundraiser for World Vision: Zambia in memory of my sponsor child, Melody, who died last September unexpectedly. The grand total of $1500 was donated in her memory by January first and this week I got the first progress report! As I shared before, World Vision has decided to rebuild/add onto Melody`s gradeschool... where her little siblings will all attend school as well.

They have finally had everything transferred into Kwacha (Zambian currency) and have begun to buy supplies such as windows, concrete, and wood. 

Here are a few pictures of the progress so far!


The schoolhouse

The supplies along with the headmaster of the school,
and Melody`s mother and father who you see carrying flowers in her memory.

     And lastly, the World Vision staff used $100 to donate to Melody`s father, Rodson, in order for him to buy fertilizer for all of his farm land. He supports his entire family, along with mother-in-law with his farmland. He shared in his letter to me that the fertilizer is a vital part in ensuring a good harvest and he thanks God for the donation and provision over his family.

Rodson and his fertilizer!
        I will keep you updated as more pictures or news comes. It all takes a long time to get done and then sent here. I am so excited that God has given me the chance to be just a small part of the Muchimba`s lives through building up the school and through supporting Melody`s father. Melody was and still is a beautiful gift in my life and I am so happy to be able to give back. Thank you for your support and prayers for this amazing family and the work of World Vision in Zambia!

Comments

Popular Posts