When I look at you {Father`s Day}

I know the post is overdue, but this is dedicated to my daddy for Father`s day,
 the best dad a girl could ever hope for. 


Today so many men around the world are being called father, and being thanked for all they`ve done. 
The difference between you and them, daddy, is who I see when I look at you. 

I see a dad who worked constantly to provide for his family. Who changed my diapers. Who fed me. Who taught me to ride a bike. Who drove me to soccer and horse lessons and outings with friends. Who taught me to drive a manuel. Who took my fishing and camping and backpacking. Who drove me to and moved me into college.

The difference between you and them, daddy, is I see so much more when I look at you.

I see a man who radiates with love. A man with strength who lives as a warrior for his God and for his family. Who is humble and always gentle with his words. Who prayed with me nightly and taught and helped me to memorize Awana verses. Who woke me each sunday with a back rub and blueberry pancakes and brought me to church. Who encouraged me with scripture and wisdom when i struggled and doubted. Who listened when my words made no sense. Who held me tight when life was hard.

The difference between you and them, daddy, is I see even more than that when I look at you.

I see a God who loved me so much that he gave his son for me. Who loves me no matter how much I screw up. Who sacrifices everything to bring me joy. Who gives himself to me daily so that I might know him better. 

When I look at you I see my heavenly Father and in praise I give thanks for how incredibly blessed I am to have you. 

Comments

Popular Posts