Streams in the desert


The New River
Originally uploaded by Lrwilks
Today us gals took a “quick” study break and headed to the New River for the afternoon. We layed out in our suits, buried our toes in the muddy sand, and floated downstream on wooden crates-yes wooden crates, it’s all we could find. We are cheap college students of course and cannot afford to buy real river tubes. But aside from all the fun and avoiding studying we had great conversations. We realized as the sun started going down that we probably all wouldn’t be together again until the fall. It really was such a weird thing to think about. These girls have become my family, my rocks. But now we will all say goodbye and separate for an entire summer. God definitely knows better than us because his plans for each of us spread so high and so far. Anyways we all sat around on our towels and shared the most important lesson God has taught us this year. It was a sweet and precious time to reflect and remember. We each shared about some of our fears and hardships but also about the joys and the beauty of growth. It is so awesome to look back and see how “little by little” God walked each of us through every single event. That has by far been the coolest lesson I have learned.
I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land- Exodus 23:29-30
This year God has revealed how he works in my life daily. Every day. Little by little. Through the hard times and the great times, he works to refine me into the image of his beloved son. He prepares me through testing to be ready to “possess” the next land in my life. It was breathtaking to learn that lesson, and to continue to see it now, and know the hope that it will continue into my future. The Lord has used even these precious girls to show me and teach me these lessons. How great to end this year in sharing that with each other and leaving here already remembering all God has done, and all he desires to do!!

Comments

Popular Posts