Precious moments with Granny

Nearing the end of my first year of college and life is so busy. God blessed my life with getting to spend the past weekend with my sweet Granny and family in Abingdon. I love every single aspect of being on that farm, but especially spending time with Granny. Friday morning we woke up and made raisin toast and coffee and sat and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I shared with her that the weekend after Easter I had been able to explain to my Iranian language partner the true meaning of Easter. She had never heard of it before. She didn’t even know it was a religious holiday. I was absolutely shocked, but so incredibly filled with joy to share the truth with her. Granny went on to talk about our cousin Leslie, who I am named after, and told me so many amazing stories. Leslie was single all her life and spent her life loving

international students. Whenever she had new students come to stay she would bring them to Granddaddy and Granny’s farm and they would spend a weekend there. Granny told me of all the different students she met, and the different cultures and religions they represented. It was beautiful to hear her about Leslie’s heart and my sweet Granny. Every minute spent with her is like a million years. “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” Granny is a Proverbs 31 woman. And I pray everyday I will have a heart of gold like hers when I grow old.

Isaiah 46:4 “Even to your old age I am he,
and to gray

hairs I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
I will carry and will save.”


Comments

Popular Posts