Old Friends




Therefore, confess your sins to one another 
and pray for one another, that you may be healed. 
The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:16





          So a little over a month ago I got what seemed like a random text from an old childhood friend that she was driving across the US to come see me. I really though she was joking. But after all she came and we spent a week hanging out and I tried my best even in poor weather to show her the wonders of southwest Virginia. We went hiking and tubing down the New River and ate out at lots of fun local places. She cooked her amazing Italian sandwich and Orio Pie which is to die for and she celebrated with me and the wedding party for my friend getting married in October. We played lots of games. When I was working she figured out how to entertain herself and we had lots of late night fun.






               Getting to see and spend time with Nadia was so fun and always exciting. Most of all, it was awesome to look back at the past and remember how we became friends and how we stayed friends even though we always had to learn to deal with distance. It is kind of amazing that after not seeing each other for 3-4 years we could just reconnect and have so much fun. Nadia is one of those people that can always light up a room with life and energy, no matter how negative or quiet that room may be.  That was a joy to me and of course made me lighten up on those stressful, hard days!

            Thank you nauds for so much fun :)

Comments

Popular Posts