My Isaac


"I hear the tearing of your heart
torn between two loves,
the one your vision can behold
the Other hid above."




           The poem below from Beth Moore`s "Whispers of Hope," hit me hard today. There is an Isaac in my life I am daily struggling to give up. And I imagine much like Abraham, I hear God asking me to let it go. The fact is God is jealous for my heart and my life and although I feel as if my heart has already been given away, I know it was His first. God doesn`t want me left-overs and those things that are easily forgotten. He wants even the hardest to say goodbye too. My hear it torn in two, and God is calling me to give it all. Trust me Lesley, trust me with your Isaac. 




TRUST ME WITH YOUR ISAAC
For every Abraham who dares
to kiss the foreign field
where glory for a moment grasped
Is for a lifetime tilled . . .

The voice of God
speaks not but once
but 'til the traveler hears
"Abraham! Abraham! Bring your 
Isaac here!"

"Bring not the blemished sacrifice.
What lovest thou the most?
Look not into the distance,
you'll find your Isaac close."

"I hear the tearing of your heart
torn between two loves,
the one your vision can behold
the Other hid above."

"Do you trust me, Abraham
with your gravest fear?
Will you pry your fingers loose
and bring your Isaac here?"

"Have I not made you promises?
Hold them tight instead!
I am the Lover of your soul - 
the Lifter of your head."

"Believe me, O my Abraham
when blinded by the cost.
Arrange the wooded altar
and count your gains but loss."

"Let tears wash clean your blinded eyes
until unveiled you see -
the ram caught in the thicket there
to set your Isaac free."

"Perhaps I'll send him down the mount
to walk right by your side
No longer in your iron grasp
but safer still in mine."

"Or I may wrap him in the wind
and sweep him from your sight
to better things beyond your reach - 
believe with all your might!"

"Look up, beloved Abraham.
Can you count the stars?
Multitudes will stand to reap
from one dear friend of God."

"Pass the test, my faithful one;
bow to me as Lord.
Trust me with your Isaac -
see, I am your great Reward."

Comments

Popular Posts