Waiting...Still


Still

I’ve been lonely but never alone

Even when I’ve wondered far from home
Each and every moment you were there
Though it must have seemed I didn’t care
Lost in my own wandering 
Never looking back
How many times I’ve failed you 
I don’t know ‘cause I’ve lost track
But you’re still here

You never left my side
You never let me go
You never let me get so lost 
That you can’t bring me home
You’re still here, Jesus
You’re still here

Now that I know your love, peace I’ve found
But that doesn’t mean I’ve settled down
With your word you send me and I go
That you go too is all I need to know
Where ever you send me
What ever you bid me do
When the road ahead is dark
I will not fear for I’m with you
‘Cause you’re still here

You never left my side
You never let me go
You never let me get so lost 
That you can’t bring me home
You’re still here, Jesus
You’re still here

         I wrote that poem in 2005. It has been 5 years walking steadfastly with Christ and Still those words resonate loudly with my heart. 

         I assume everyone comes to these seasons where we feel like we are waiting for something. For God? For a person? For an opportunity? My flustering thoughts can never seem to rest on the right answer. But this week God has answered loudly through his words to me....


My soul waits for the LORD; he is my help and my shield. For my heart is glad in him, because I trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you. Psalm 33: 20-22


Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

 Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:7-8

You are greater than my heart, you know everything! 1 John 3:20

But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors! Psalm 31:14-15

O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart throbs; my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes—it also has gone from me. 


But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.
Psalm 38:9-10, 15

“O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. 
Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath!

“And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.” Psalm 39:4-5, 7

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3

When I think about who He is. I am waiting for only Him. Waiting only to have more of Him in my life. Holy God come and overwhelm this empty soul with YOU. Let you words dwell in me, and overflow out of my. You`re still here  Jesus. You`re still here.

Comments

Popular Posts