STARFIELD


          Last night I was blessed to go and hear my favorite band, Starfield, play in Harrisonburg. AND to have two of my beautiful, sweet roommates come along with me. I wasn`t on planning on blogging. Because I wasn`t planning on God showing up in such a big, big way. Oh me of such little faith! 
          It was evident from the minute I walked in that God was present and so alive in that place. It was beautiful with Tim and Jon shared that they felt the presence of God so real and so alive in that church as well, and shared their desire to worship with us last night. 

         The reason I love Starfield is first for how genuine and real they are about their walks and second for the way the character and truth of God flows through their lyrics. I love each time one of their songs comes on my itunes shuffle and it takes me back to the moment in my past when God used those words to speak into my life. There isn`t a song that hasn`t echoed life into my walk with Christ. And last night as I stood with my eyes closed hearing those words, and the people praising around me, I was taken back to those moments, and the seasons in my life now came together. In my brokenness complete. Defender of this heart. Nothing on this earth I want more.


You are all our hears are beating for
And You will always be
There's nothing of Earth we treasure more
For You are all we need



-All We Need by Starfield




Defender of this heart
You loved me from the start
You never change

Through the highs and lows
As seasons come and go
You never fail

Day after day
Your love will remain
Faithful and true
You are good

You are God with us
You're victorious
You are strong and mighty to save
For Your word stands true
There is none like You
And when all else fades
You remain



-Remain by Starfield


And I know I'm weak
I know I'm unworthy
To call upon Your name
But because of grace
Because of Your mercy
I stand here unashamed

I can't explain
This kind of love
I'm humbled and amazed
That You'd come down
From heavens heights
And greet me face to face

Here I am at Your feet
In my brokenness complete



-Unashamed by Starfield


Comments

Popular Posts