Life with Christ is a process...


I am seeing every day in my walk with Christ that life with him is such a process. In teaching us obedience it seems he works most effectively over time, throughout the tiny parts of life. It is both a joy and a struggle to walk with him "down a path of obedience that never ends." (Beth Moore)
In february a friend and I memorized a scripture in Exodus. "I will not drive them out from before you in a year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts too great for you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased enough to possess the land" (Exodus 23:29-30). In its context these two verses can bring about several truths. But specifically in my life the Lord is directly saying, Les I am not going to remove your sins and your struggles right way, because if I did the "beasts" of temptations, satan, distractions would be too great for you. They would overwhelm you and crush you like ocean waves. Little by little I will drive away your sins and struggles, one by one, until you have been given enough faith to overcome your next hurdle. God wants to lead us by still waters, so that we may not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good. What a beautiful lesson from our Lord. We are called to be patient. We are called to obey. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up (Galatians 6:9).

Comments

Popular Posts