Give Thanks




        Giving thanks is not one of my gifts, or gratitude I should say. There are things God has truly gifted me with that come easy to me and just seem to flow in and out of my daily life but gratitude is often not one of them. I ask myself how different my life would be today if gratitude were a bigger part of my day to day.

       I have come to realize and pray that I truly start believing that what God has for me is so much better than what I have now and because of that truth gratitude is a constant reality. 



        I still want to lay before the Lord the things I view as needs and wants that are not being met in my life and in my soul and then I want to trust him with whatever his answer is, meaning even no answer at all.

        Look what Habakkuk says at the end of his prayer—after he’s just listed out all of his legitimate needs that seem to have gone unnoticed by the God he unwaveringly serves:
"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation."
(Habakkuk 3:18)

       
     This Thanksgiving I am beating myself for my lack of gratitude not just today, not just this week, but in my day to day life. If I am truly in the center of God`s will in my life then I will grow in satisfaction and fulfillment in HIM! So why I am I not growing? Perhaps its because I don`t believe I am in the center of God`s will. If I choose to believe that I am in the center of his will and that even the things I still want and long for that are not mine, I can still be content in Him. 

        So I hope today you are able to give thanks truly from the depths of your heart, regardless of where your heart is, knowing that God has you right where he wants you.





For further reading:
http://shereadstruth.com/category/plans/everything-give-thanks/

Comments

Popular Posts