Week 2: trust



Be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
                                                                      Hebrews 13:5-6 


The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
 my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

      Psalm 28:7    



             The first verse from Hebrews 13 came to me from the daily excerpt of Streams in the Desert on June 9th. The beforehand quote said, "There is one text that will take all the 'supposes' out of a believer`s life, it if be received and acted on in childlike faith: ... Heb 13:5-6" This is my biggest struggle currently. To some how force my mind to see beyond the "supposes" and live in the truth through belief. Whether it`s the supposes of the past that I cannot change or the supposes of the future I want to control, they make me miserable. A woman who cannot give her heart to the LORD in trust is a woman strained by the daily worries and fears this world never ceases to throw at her. This world longs to consume my soul in it`s surpassing, worthless idolatry. Yet coinciding along with it is the freedom Christ gives to say "in this world you will have troubles, but take heart, I have overcome the world." The one who overcame this world lives inside of me...do I really believe that? Do I really believe that I am able to walk each step in faith that the God who sustained Jesus is also sustaining me? ...so often I don`t believe it. 

             "LORD Jesus please give me new sight, not in seeing the things I am worrying about and wish that by gaining sight I would finally have peace, but in the things my desperate heart needs to see, so that it can trust and rest in you. Give me new sight in your word. Give me new sight in my prayers. Give me new sight in my relationships. I want to learn to trust in you for all things, and with my song give thanks for all that you are and all that you do. My strength, my shield, my help."



Comments

Popular Posts