Shadows falling on Japan

Life is full of light and shadow
O the joy and O the sorrow
O the sorrow

And yet will He bring
Dark to light
And yet will He bring
Day from night

When shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We'll remember the cost
We're resting in
Shadow of the cross

-Shadows by David Crowder Band with Lecrae

          This is a time in my life that I know I will always wonder why, and yet know the answer is you. Understanding that you would allow this to happen breaks my heart, hurts my mind, tangles my thoughts, traps my emotions. Lord it hurts so much. But the thing is, you are the ONLY one who really knows how bad it hurts. You know the lives that have been lost. You know those suffering right now. You know the brokenness and the wounds and the sickness and the sin. You know exactly what it cost, you counted every bit of it. And to you, it was worth it.

         You died even for this. You died even for these people, even for this country. Lord God reign down your grace and mercy over Japan like never before. Reign over these people and this land. May eyes be opened and hearts be changed by the saving knowledge of your son Jesus Christ and His suffering for them. Jesus you came, for them. You gave it all, for them. Even if only one, you still would. Oh how my heart cries out that they would know this, that they would see this, that they would believe it!

          Lord help me to trust you. Let this suffering make us strong, especially those in Japan who right now are standing for your name and declaring the name of the Lord God Almighty. I won`t ask you why, I won`t ask how, I won`t ask when, I will only ask Lord please set them free. Lord please reveal yourself to them, even in this. Shine the light of your grace. Let them see the shadow of the cross. 
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. 
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. 
Psalm 46:1-7

         Help Laura, Leah, Kerri, all the Navigator staff, and myself these next weeks Lord to minister to these Japanese students here. Lord God use us, Lord please use us to touch them. To pray for them and their people, their families. Holy Spirit fill us and overwhelm us in your compassion and love for these people. There are no words God in this, so fill us with your love, fill us with your servant heart and your acts of kindness and compassion. 

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in you my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
till the storms of destruction pass by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
-Psalm 57:1-3

Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
 -Psalm 73:23-26 




Comments

Popular Posts