Humbled

      Lord there come these times in my life where you drastically humble me. Needless to say you know my prideful heart, and know that when I am in over my head, the only way out is your intervening.      You`re breaking me for the pain of the lost, and it hurts. 
You`re breaking me for the pain of the sin in my life causes you, and it hurts.
You`re breaking me from a heart full of pride and self-seeking desire, and it hurts.


Lord help me to understand where I am now...and see where I should be...and believe I can get there...and only because of YOU.


She says, "How did I get here? 

I'm not who I once was. 
And I'm crippled by the fear 
That I've fallen too far to love" 

But don't you know who you are, 
What's been done for you? 
Yeah don't you know who you are? 

You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes, 
You are more than the problems you create, 
You've been remade. 

Well she tries to believe it 
That she's been given new life 
But she can't shake the feeling 
That it's not true tonight 

She knows all the answers 
And she's rehearsed all the lines 
And so she'll try to do better 
But then she's too weak to try 



'Cause this is not about what you've done, 

But what's been done for you. 

This is not about where you've been, 
But where your brokenness brings you to 

This is not about what you feel, 
But what He felt to forgive you, 
And what He felt to make you loved. 



          God release me from dwelling on the past, from the places I`ve been and the things I`ve done. God release me from dwelling on my emotions and allowing them to lead my discernment and decision making.

          Fix my heart, mind, soul, eyes on what`s been done for me. Allow my brokenness to lead me to your feet, to the cross. Fix me on the truth that I am forgiven. That I am loved. By you. And that is enough, that is more than enough for ALL of me.

        Release me from the pain of friendships lost, hearts broken, feelings hurt. Release me from blame, guilt, shame. But fill me with passion and love for restoration. Fill me with your love, let it overflow into the lives of those around me, into each friendship, broken heart, hurt feelings. 


       Thank you for these few days of brokenness and reflection. Thank you for restoring my heart for these friendships, or the lack of them. Let my brokenness continue to lead me to your heart, your heart. I know that I need only you in this. Let my brokenness teach me to praise. Teach me to remember who you are, and humble myself.


       Teach me to be a godly daughter. Teach me to be a godly sister. Teach me to be a godly aunt. Teach me to be a godly sister in Christ. Sanctify this hardened heart, through and through. Wash me, sanctify me, redeem me today Lord. Start afresh in this empty vessel, that I may be used only for your glory, to bring you praise.



Comments

Popular Posts