Hagar International

Over Christmas break of 2009 I attended Urbana 2009 in St. Louis, MO. It was not only an incredible worship and learning experience, but also a life-changing event. God solidified his call on my heart for missions, missions continuously and also permanently. During the few days I met with dozens of missionaries and staff for different organizations worldwide. There were a few in particular which left marks on my heart, and I have continued to follow up with. One of those is Hagar International. While at Urbana I met and talked to the Hagar representative several times and brought home information from her booth. I continued to read about Hagar from their website and online material, but also in the word. If you haven’t read that store, please do! I find it incredible that Hagar is not only changing lives, but being changed by the word of God. ‘Hagar is committed to the recovery, empowerment, and reintegration of women and children who have suffered human rights abuses. In particular, Hagar serves women and children who are victims of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual exploitation.

I have no idea that God will call me to serve overseas with Hagar, but I deeply know he is calling me to be an advocate here, because I know God daily advocates for Hagar. So after continuing to network with Hagar International and speak with several staff workers, I am committing to starting a fundraising page through Hagar, and hopefully doing a fundraiser on my campus and/or in my hometown. Hagar International is a beautiful picture of the Lord`s heart for his people. ‘The Hebrew name Hagar means “one who flees” or “one who seeks refuge.” The story of Hagar and her son, Ishmael, is the story of millions of exploited, trafficked, disabled, and rejected women and children. But, like Hagar in the Bible, God hears their cries.’ So here and now I am obeying God’s call on my life to pray for and help fund Hagar as the Lord provides. Please join me in praying for and supporting Hagar’s work-specifically to a need in Afghanistan, which you can find out more about here:http://www.razoo.com/story/Hagar-International-Afghanistan

Comments

Popular Posts