Rainbows

Today I was driving home after a long day of work and a big storm had just started to settle and the rain was still pouring down my windshield and I began fervently searching for a rainbow. I have loved rainbows for years now. God has consistently sent me rainbows at the most perfect times on some of my darkest days. I don't remember asking for them and I can't say I was searching during those times. Today isn't one of those days, but it is a reminder that he carried me through and his promise of faithfulness never once dissipated. 


Today's reminder
             




          So as I wasn't watching the road like I should have been but instead searching the sky I realized the words to "All my fountains" were playing over my car speakers. 

"Open the heavens
Come Living Water
All my fountains are in You
You're strong like a river
Your love is running through
All my fountains are in You

Come on, and rain down on us
Rain down on us, Lord
Come on, and rain down on us
Rain down on us, Lord"



             In that moment I turned to my left and saw the most incredible, full rainbow. And it wasn't after the storm had cleared- it was in the midst of the pouring rain. The clouds were still so widespread the rainbow was barely visible, but it was there.


Do I seek him in the storm?
Do I expect him to show up through the clouds?
Do I anticipate his beauty and his splendor?

             Today's rainbow reminded me that I need to seek him in the storm and expect him to show up with beauty and with splendor int he midst of darkness and difficulty.

                                                             Some past reminders...




Comments

Popular Posts