...to make for yourself a glorious name

   
    ...and you shall be called by a new name
        that the mouth of the LORD will give.
    You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD,
        and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
    You shall no more be termed Forsaken,
        and your land shall no more be termed Desolate,
    but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her,
        and your land Married;
    for the LORD delights in you

              Isaiah 62:2-4

    And they shall be called The Holy People,
        The Redeemed of the LORD;
    and you shall be called Sought Out,
        A City Not Forsaken.

               Isaiah 62:12 


“It is I, speaking in righteousness,
        mighty to save.”



    I will recount the steadfast love of the LORD,
        the praises of the LORD,
    according to all that the LORD has granted us,
        and the great goodness to the house of Israel
    that he has granted them according to his compassion,
        according to the abundance of his steadfast love.

                  Isaiah 63:7

   
        ...And he became their Savior.

    In all their affliction he was afflicted,
       
    in his love and in his pity he redeemed them;

        he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.

                  Isaiah 63:8-9

          
    ...who divided the waters before them
        to make for himself an everlasting name,
        who led them through the depths?
   
        they did not stumble.
   
        the Spirit of the LORD gave them rest.

     you led your people,
        to make for yourself a glorious name.
 
                     Isaiah 63:12-14 



          Lord help me believe that I am called by a new name, that I am seen by the light of your grace covering my life, not the shadows of my sin swallowing it, that you delight in me, that I am redeemed, sought out, not forsaken...
              You are mighty to save, even this life. Help me see that the newness of my name, is not for me, not for my satisfaction, comfort, relief, BUT FOR YOU. For yourself, a glorious name.

              I will recount your steadfast love, your praises, according to all you have given me and your great goodness towards me, according to your compassion, the abundance of your steadfast love. I will share your love with others, I will share you, I will give thanks.

Comments

  1. Amen sister. Love these verses. Love you. Needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts