HOPE in Him, the LIGHT of my soul

    But as for me, I will look to the LORD;
        I will wait for the God of my salvation;
        my God will hear me.
    Rejoice not over me, O my enemy;
        when I fall, I shall rise;
    when I sit in darkness,
        the LORD will be a light to me.
Micah 7:7-8

    
Why are you cast down, O my soul,
        and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
        my salvation and my God.
    Psalm 42:5-6

Lord thank you for never letting go, never giving up, never forsaking me in my sin and rebellion. Thank you for showing me in your word and glimpses of hope in other people around me that you still love me, that you are still in this fight with me and haven`t let me go. Jesus thank you for saving me. Thank you for dying so I don`t have to. Thank you for restoring the broken places of this hungry heart. Thank you for satisfying the needs of this weary spirit. 
Today I am thankful that you won`t relent. I am thankful that your love is relentless over my life, no matter the state or the circumstance. Today I am thankful that you are the light of this world, because it seems to be utter darkness. Today I am thankful that your promises give life and always remain eternally true.

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

 -Your Hands by JJ Heller

Comments

Popular Posts