We will trust. We will obey.


           In one short hour I will board the plane to London and then be on the way to Tanzania. My heart is excited but my thoughts are definitely anxious and worried. I pray this trip will be one of great confirmation and wisdom in discerning what God has for me with my future. I hope serving these children and the weak and destitute of this world will open my eyes once again to the vital importance of trusting and relying on my God, everyday, because I am weak and destitute. I pray it will move me to greater faith and to seeing the truths of the Word magnified and exalted above all the worries, sins, struggles, and burdens I so often focus on in my life. 

This is really the core issue of it all.  Do we trust him?  
Do we trust Jesus when he tells us to give radically for the sake of the poor? 
 Do we trust him to provide for us when we begin using the resources 
he has given us to provide for others?  Do we trust him to know 
what is best for our lives, our families, and our financial futures?



The will of God is for you and me to give our lives urgently and recklessly to making the gospel and the glory of God known among all peoples, particularly those who have never even heard of Jesus.  The question, therefore, is not “Can we find God’s will?’  
The question is “Will we obey God’s will?”

-Radical by David Platt

       These are the prayers of my heart spoken by David Platt. The questions he asks pierce my heart and definitely bring anxiety to my heart. Do I trust my God in that way? Do I obey my God in all things, the most crucial and central purpose of my life: in making the gospel and glory of God known among all peoples? So often the answer to those question is no. I pray this time serving in Zambia and seeing the work of God in those places will teach me how to answer those questions with a resounding, YES! My God is worthy, my God is everything. There is no reason to not say YES!

Even a tree has more hope!
      If it is cut down, it will sprout again
      and grow new branches.
 Though its roots have grown old in the earth
      and its stump decays,
 at the scent of water it will bud
      and sprout again like a new seedling.
-Job 14:7-9

         May these verses be a picture of the lives in Zambia as hundreds of people find physical healing to death bringing diseases. May these verses be a picture of their hearts as they experience spiritual healing as they meet the God who created them, who brings them the water so they will sprout again, so they will have life again in his name and bear fruit!
       
         'Liebe Gott, We praise you for who you are and for what you've done. We are nothing without you. We are broken and sinful and needy and empty. You have given us life, you have restored our souls and redeemed our lives from the pit! We praise you God for your incredible love and gift of grace poured out over our lives. We are so undeserving. Lord I pray you go before me as I travel and protect me and my luggage carrying supplies to Zambia. I pray you will be the luggage that I carry. I pray your name will be the tag on my life that is visible to all. I pray I will speak for your glory and stand for your fame. Lord I lift up the team to you and pray that you continue to prepare their hearts and their minds as they think and plan for this trip. Lord may all the issues and worries with traveling and baggage fall into place and may they use these little experiences to learn to trust you more. God I pray you bring in the remaining funds needed for some of the team members and once again that you use your providence as a way of teaching them about who you are, Jehovah Jireh, and that you are faithful to be trusted! Gott I thank you that you have chosen and appointed us to go and share your name and glory with your people of Zambia. I pray Father that you will be the voice spoken through our mouths and the love shown through our hands and feet as we serve. Lord may this entire trip, every aspect, exist to glorify you. Take our pain, our shame, our sin, our baggage, Lord use it for your glory. Danke, thank you father, for everything.'
       
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights
Be my everything

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You, Lord

And it's just You and me here now

Comments

Popular Posts