Give me faith


I need you to soften my heart 
To break me apart 

I need you to open my eyes 
To see that You're shaping my life 


All I am, 
I surrender 


Give me faith to trust what you say 
That you're good and your love is great 
I'm broken inside, I give you my life 


I need you to soften my heart 
To break me apart 


I need you pierce through the dark 
And cleanse every part of me 


I may be weak 
Your spirit is strong in me 
My flesh may fail 
My God you never will 



         Lord tonight, I humble myself, and I come to you. What does it mean that you gave your life? What does it mean that you counted the cost? What does it mean that with the joy set before you, you endured the cross? I fear tonight that I can`t answer those questions. I fear tonight that most of us who call ourselves Christians have no idea what any of it meant. Have no idea who you are and why you came. I fear if we did, our lives would be so different. I fear if we did, our time would be spent in many ways other than it is. I fear if we did, we would start to count the cost.-we would start to really live for you. I fear if we did, our worship would be real-it would be continuos and springing from the depths of our souls.

         Lord I come to you, because I know only you have these answers, and I so desperately want to understand you. I want to know you. To know and follow hard after you is my ONE THING, my purpose, my passion, my drive, my all. Lord God I plead that you would soften my heart, break me apart, and open my eyes, so I will see that you are shaping my life, and how you are shaping it. God so when the storms are here, I will bend to them in surrender and not be destroyed. Lord so when tonight, sitting at War Chapel, when the lightning shines  through the pitch darkness, I will see you piercing through the dark in my life, the sin, the shame, the fear, the disbelief. 


         I pray Lord that you would give me faith to trust what you say. To trust that when the storms are here, so present, like tonight, you are the wind around me. In strength you reveal yourself and in quietness you speak to me. Lord all I am, I surrender. I surrender to this storm and I pray for your guidance and that you would give me faith. Lord may my worship be real. May my faith be genuine.

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Psalm 73:26 

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 145:18 
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts