Flawless Hero


                           The words played on the radio as I drove home from work today... 

No matter the bumps 
No matter the bruises 
No matter the scars 
Still the truth is
The cross has made
The cross has made you flawless
No matter the hurt
Or how deep the wound is
No matter the pain
Still the truth is
The cross has made
The cross has made you flawless...

             It is a beautiful thing, to imagine being flawless. But the concept alone is hard to grasp that God could ever make me, someone, something like me - flawless. Immediately all the mistakes I made today, the wrongs of my past, my worst failures flood my mind all at once. How? How could I, can I ever be made flawless?




Could it possibly be
That we simply can't believe
That this unconditional
Kind of love would be enough
To take a filthy wretch like this
And wrap him up in righteousness
But that's exactly what He did

                I can't believe it, this kind of love. Most days I don't believe it. But at the end of the day the Truth is I have been made flawless, not in this human body, but in spirit because I was wrapped in the righteousness of Christ... "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10 Clothed in garments of salvation, covered with the robe of righteousness. Getting married last year was a beautiful picture of this, one I never understood until I said "I do" myself. But the "I do" is only a part of the picture I have seen, the greater picture has been the daily "I do." Marriage is a constant reminder that I have to die to myself each and every morning and accept that I am wrapped in righteousness and live like I am flawless. 

              This morning the doorbell followed by several loud knocks woke us up before our alarms. "I am so sorry but your rooster is loose and keeps taunting my dogs trying to peck at them through their fences and I am afraid they`ll jump the fences." Or something like that she said, worriedly. And so the day began. My husband came back and we went back and forth on how in the world to kill this stupid rooster who has taunted us endlessly until we came to the conclusion to just try to catch the dumb thing. At the end of the day the rooster doesn't matter but every day there are situations every day that challenge my selfishness to arise. And a lot of those times I don't push it back down, submitting to Christ, and loving others and myself.  I let it take control and I end up making mistakes, failing to love. 

           But because of my flawless hero, Christ, I am made flawless. I am forgiven, accepted, loved, cherished, beloved. I am clothed in salvation and covered in His righteousness.

Comments

Popular Posts