Snow Days

"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, 
"Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; 
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

Isaiah 1:18

           Can you imagine cold, dark winters - without snow? Can you imagine the cold temperatures and the dark morning and evening without ever a glimmer of that beautiful white blanket God drapes over the landscape - and the car? Even thinking about it makes me cringe. Winter is already dark and dreary enough I cannot imagine it without snow. Snow is the beautiful blessing we wake up to and although I dread cleaning off my car there is something to heavenly about snow. 






Its sheer beauty. The majesty of snow covered mountain peaks and the individuality of each and every snow flake. Do you think God envisions each and every sinner being covered while each individual flake falls? Over the last few weeks my home away from home has been covered in snow not once, not twice, but now three times. About 16 inches total. 

       As I bundle up and bundle Parker up and head out those doors each morning I am in awe of my creator and in awe of how much he loves even me, such a sinner.


        
        So as I look out at the blinding sunlight I know I am experiencing something heavenly.  The God of creation is looking down on even me, reminding me that though I was stained with crimson red, he through Jesus Christ has made me white as snow. Oh the forgiveness in those words. Oh the grace in those words. Oh the FREEDOM in those words. This picture of Parker running through an open field of snow is the way my soul feels in that moment - set free, eternally. There is nothing stopping me until the day I see Jesus face to face. 


Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow

Comments

Popular Posts