Forgiven.

Well she tries to believe it  
That she's been given new life  
But she can't shake the feeling  
That it's not true tonight
She knows all the answers  
And she's rehearsed all the lines  
And so she'll try to do better  
But then she's too weak to try
But don't you know who you are?

You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,  
You are more than the problems you create,  
You've been remade. 



    “Come, let us return to the LORD;
        for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
        he has struck us down, and he will bind us up."
Hosea 6:1


How long will I wait? How long must I pay? I can't get past the things I've done and
guilt I have. I've made mistakes that I can't take back. How long will these ghosts live?
I can't, I can't, why can't I be forgiven?


Please forgive me.

I've tried to numb my mind and erase, but memories always stay. Can I ever be forgiven?

I can't stay here in this place of shame and fear. I've got to think even I could be
forgiven.

I want to be forgiven, will you please forgive me?
I want to be forgiven, will you please forgive me?

I need to be forgiven. Will you please forgive me?

Comments

Popular Posts