Family



               Family. What a word. Family encompasses so many things in the heart of a believer. Our biological family we are born into, perhaps a family we marry into, and yet our all encompassing heavenly family here on earth- in Christ.

              Here are some of my favorite photos from this past week with my family and a poem filled with thoughts.








What does it mean that we are family?
I call you sister
I call you brother
Or that our parents brought us into this world
And we find within ourselves
Some uncanny resemblance of generations before

I look at you and I see myself
Sometimes it is disheartening
Yet other times it is eye opening
How did we find ourselves here?

I am here and you are there
And yet we call each other family

It is in Christ I find my answers
In Him my family expands and the depths
They exceed my wildest imagination

I am she and you are her
I am her and you are him
And yet we call each other family

I now call you sister
I now call you brother
Our parents who brought us into the world
They are meant to be a glimpse
Of our eternal heavenly father

And we find within ourselves
Some mysterious difference
Yet in Christ I find my answers

In Him I am she and you are her







Comments

Popular Posts