To my friend


          You probably saw that picture and if you know me thought, "Oh great, here she goes again. Another rant about how much she loves Parker." Well I do love him. I owe a lot to that fuzzy little dog. But this post isn`t about him believe it or not.

        This is about a friend. One I don`t write much about because I am usually spending all my free time with her that I can. But now that the ocean is separating us from anything but Skype dates I am missing all our crazy adventures together. 




      She makes me ask what a good friend truly is. For a long time I always thought only christians could be good friends, and well, she has proven me wrong. Not that she doesn`t believe, but she has a different faith than I do and yet she is the best friend I have ever had. I have hurt her more times than I can count, but she has never stopped being there for me. I can trust her with any secret, or to complete any favor for me without feeling like I owe her in return. She always brings me soup when I`m sick and she uses all her work breaks to watch me drink Starbucks because she doesn`t even like coffee!

      The most important character trait that she lives by is selflessness: the exact opposite of me. She lives to serve others: to give to others whether it be her time, her money, or her talent. Time and time again she has been there for me, for my roommates, for my dog, for my ministry endeavors, without me ever even asking her. 

       She`s definitely not perfect, and she`s the first to admit that she has flaws. She is the first to apologize, the first to forgive. She teaches me daily about what it means to just love people. To not judge them and just accept them for who they are...even when you totally disagree with their decisions or ways of thinking. 

      I miss her a lot and all the fun we have together. But the greatest thing is that even when we are thousands of miles apart, she is still that one great friend I know I can trust and rely on.

Thank you, for being such an amazing friend. I hope one day you can say the same about me.

A friend loves at all times. 
-Proverbs 17:17

A man of many companions may come to ruin, 
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. 
-Proverbs 18:24


Popular Posts